Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group
Well I was given a 93 100CS by my parents. It has 126k miles and has never had any problems. It died a few days ago and wont start. there is no fuel pressure at the fuel filter. I have found the relay under the dash and checked the power to the pump in the tank.
I am getting power to the green striped wire at the fuel pump ( gas tank), and power at pin 30? on the relay. I have not been able to find any sort of shop manual locally and just ordered a CD rom manual off ebay.

Can any one tell me what pins to short to bypass the relay. And what pins should have power back at the fuel pump.
Also to verify that the In tank fuel pump is the only pump on this vehicle. :liebe011:

Thanks
Barry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more data
I replaced the relay, pulled the pump, still wont start .
The pump runs ok, i applied power when it was out of the tank. it spun up and shot gas out . ALso when the engine is cranking there is power to the green wire.
But with the igntion just "on" there is no power at the pump.

Put it all back together. nothing.
However I still am not getting fuel pressure up at the engine.

Is there some sort of Factory alarm that disables the fuel supply?

Barry

·
Registered
10 Posts
First off I must say that I have never worked on a 93 100. But having worked on various other models I have found it is important to have sufficient fuel pressure. Just a pump running is not always enough. Have you pulled a spark plug just after trying to start? if dry and yet fuel is present at the engine , I would suspect and check low pressure. I assume you have checked for a clogged filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts