Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this fault has niggled me since i bought my car 6 years ago
when i fill up the tank on my 94 2.0 16v coupe the guage will only read 3/4 full-ichanged the voltage regulator two yrs ago when the fuel guage and coolant guage went awol----- i believe that the guage can be adjusted using the small knob underneath the guage on the dash fascia i turn this knob and nothing happens the haynes manual etc suggest that this adjustment can only be made by an audi technician?????? surely its only amatter of turning a screw???????? any one have any knowledge???????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, I'm not up to speed on the coupe, but does it have a VAG-COM socket for plugging in a PC? If so, I'm sure that the adjustment can be made through that.
Apart from this, I'm afraid I can't be of much help.
Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tom-- that will explain it then- i couldnt find an adjuster screw-i,ll have a word with a friendly technician :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, if you remove the panel below the steering wheel, you can access the back of the instrument panel and there is a small adjusting knob which can be moved about a quarter of a turn, this will move the needle in the direction you want. It might be a bit footery, but it will save you having to remove the whole panel. (which isn't really that big a job,unless you have an airbag fitted!) Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks roofless next time i'm removing the fascia i shall have another look for the screw you suggest -thankyou

1 - 5 of 5 Posts