Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i have just filled up my a4 1.9 tdi 130 bhp, i reset the trip and the dis is saying i can do 625 miles on that amount.i rthought it would be nearer 700!
by my reckoning that is roughly 40mpg.
is the 625 figure stated just a safety level so you dont run out of juice
all the blurb before i bought the car these cars do 50+ mpg although i realise that is optimistic.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also drive a 130 TDi and if i have a heavy right foot the worst i get is about 42mpg, but the best i've ever got is 62!!!!! but it just takes too long :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi all
got it sussed now
done 70 miles cruising to and from work and the readout is now saying 660 miles till next fillup!:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you know that you can change what the read out says, by pressing the switch on the end of the wiper switch. It toggles through, MPG, average speed, average MPG, duration and miles left. If it has a little 1 in the corner of the display then the information relates to current journey. If it has a little 2 then it relates to data since last reset. You can toggle between 1, 2 and off using the reset button on the underside of the wiper stick. a long hold resets the current display.

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
151 Posts
maybe even though my car dont smoke,still pulls good/drives good,timing may be out slightly, my dis shows 460 miles full(vented) right to the filler neck! A4 TDI 2001 130 BHP AWX ENGINE

·
Registered
21 Posts
460 on a full tank!!!! I was reading 440 with just over half a tank. Also an A4 TDI 2002 130 BHP AWX.

So you either drive it like it is stolen or there is something wrong.
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts