Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have big problems with the fuel consumption. It takes about 20l/100km inside town driving. I changed the lambda sensor as I heard that this could be the problem but I can see no difference in consumption Is the same....
Have any idea about what else could be the problem?
From what I read here this fuel consumption is not normal for this engine, is it? I have a 2.0L 8v abk 115bhp.
10x

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u got the air sensor so did u check ur plugs and injectors

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told that the temp sensor could be the problem, the one who comunicates with the ECU in order to determine the proper mixture when the engine is cold.The problem is that I do not know which is the temp sensor that comunicates with the ECU, because there are 2 of them, a blue one and a white one.
When you say air sensor do you refer at the MOF(mass air flow)?
The plugs are new...and I made a check on the computer and everthing seemed to be ok...
Beside this problem with the fuel consumption...the car is not running as it shoul be...it doesn't have as much power as it should have...
Any ideas about the problem??
10x

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi
i had an 'alfa romeo 156' and they seemed prone to lambda, MAF and thermostat problems, dont know how the problems translate between different cars but
as far as i know...
MAF problems would lead to a loss of power and perhaps a bit of a rough idle, the way to check the alfa's maf was to just unplug it and see if the car ran any better....
a broken thermostat could cause a rich fuel mixture...
think a catalytic convertor thats on the way out could cause the lambda to overfuel aswell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I guess I found the problem...after a full check on a car service they say that the MAF is the problem and it needs to be replaced. A new one is to expensive for me, and I tried to find one from an old car..no succes yet though. I also cleaned the inside area of the MAF and a big change in how the car is running has made. The fuel consumption is not that big as it use to be, but I'm sure it can go lower after i'll change it.

Thanks all

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi, i have 97 a4 1.8t quattro, it consumes 15l/100 km in a city and 12l on a highway. i tried many diagnostic tests, no fault codes, test values perfect, as it is mentioned in a repair manual. have no idea what to do. tomorrow i ll try thre last maf test on drive, hope that will be reason, but very doubtfull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts