Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Audi A4 1.6T Quattro. Has anyone had trouble with the passenger side front door speaker popping and crackling? Dealer has replaced speaker five (5) times over the last 20,000 miles. Claims radio circuitry checks out OK. Audi of America claims I must be playing some strange music with complex octave ranges (R&R and Jazz???) and that it is blowing out the speaker and refuses to replace any more speakers. Car is still under warrenty. Volume is not an issue. Has anyone experienced this problem and what is the fix? Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem Here! I'm on my 3rd set and still the same problem. The right side is always the one to go. And I dont listen to music with a lot of bass or turn it up very loud. I do know that the left side speaker is different than the right in that the left has 2 voice coils. One coil for the stereo and one for the optional cell phone. I'm going to ask if they can put a left speaker in the right door and see if that solves the problem. The dealer offered to replace my door speacers with aftermarket, they pay labor, I pay for the parts. Load of crap if you ask me. :angry:

Originally posted by markhemery@Aug 14 2004, 04:39 PM
I have a 2001 Audi A4 1.6T Quattro. Has anyone had trouble with the passenger side front door speaker popping and crackling? Dealer has replaced speaker five (5) times over the last 20,000 miles. Claims radio circuitry checks out OK. Audi of America claims I must be playing some strange music with complex octave ranges (R&R and Jazz???) and that it is blowing out the speaker and refuses to replace any more speakers. Car is still under warrenty. Volume is not an issue. Has anyone experienced this problem and what is the fix? Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah they suck. You turn it up just a little and they crackel. They do it on all not just yours. Just replace them with aftermarket ones. I wouldn't even of brought it to the dealership the first time. I bought a set of Audiobahns 5 1/4 components. I've heard MB Quarts and they sound the best, but they are kind of high, but are really worth it ($300). acaraudio.com has a set of there refrence series for $116 on sale. It will sound 10 times better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts