Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 A6 3.0 Quattro - Does anyone know if the front seats are squeaking because they just need to be 'lathered' in polish? Just bought this car with only 27K miles on it and the seats squeak every time I move. Anyone else have this issue or know of the best way to fix?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dont know about that, but have u ever owned a car with leather befor, they seem to squik all the time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I owned a car with leather for 8 years prior to this one and the seats never squeaked. I can't determine if it is the leather surface, the heating coils in the seat, or it might even be the center console.

·
Registered
3 Posts
any success with squeking sounds?
mine appears to come from center either console or handle, and, yes, it's annoying
any suggestions how to fix this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been able to fix but I really do think it is coming from the console now. I'm going to try to wedge some foam or something in the middle of the console to see if I can keep it from moving. I'll post back what I find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I can tell I really think it is the seat rubbing against my console so I just put some gauze in between the seat and the center console. I used double sided tape and you can mostly hide the gauze so it's not visible. I'll keep you posted if this helps or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gauze fixed the squeek! So I would say that any soft material, i just had gauze handy, put between the seat and the center console will get rid of the 'rubbing' that was making the squeek.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had squeking sounds coming from console or somewhere in the middle
so sprayed a lot of liquid I used to clean and condition panels , and it worked
now no sounds

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine too- it turned out to be the seat belt latch coming up from the floor rubbing against the center console- the solution= i cut the end of a black sock and slid it over the latch- Note this occurred on passenger seat too- only when occupied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts