Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea on how to use the front light washers? externally there seems to be a feature there but how do u use it?

Curious
QTT

·
Registered
149 Posts
-_-
The manual describes the operation but it is pretty simple anyway. Hold in the windscreen washer lever continuously for a few seconds longer than necessary to spray the windscreen and the headlight washers will pop out. If I remember correctly, it only operates when the car is standing still.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by Kelvin@Mar 21 2005, 11:35 PM
-_-
The manual describes the operation but it is pretty simple anyway. Hold in the windscreen washer lever continuously for a few seconds and the headlight washers will pop out. If I remember correctly, it only operates when the car is standing still.
No they will work while on the move. I was suprised one day when I held the wiper lever to wet the window and I found out I had headlight washers! Hell's bells I did not even know I had them :D

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt notice it in the manual but i'll scan through it again.

Cheers

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok now these wipers are definetely standard on all TT's right????.....not an optional extra are they?....cause mine still arent happening.

can someone tell me if they are a standard option or not....then i can confirm if they are standard then there is something faulty with them.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOOHOO finally i got them working............amazing stuff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:thumbsup:
Glad to hear that you finally got them going, what were you doing wrong? I didnt initially see the function in the manual but when I saw the little hatches infront of each headlight, I figured that what they were but didnt see any switch to activate them so also figured it was an option. I discovered how to activate them by mistake the one day.
:angry:
The spray heads of mine have popped off somewhere along the line and so the water tends to gush out but it is not a feature I have ever really needed to use anyway. Still, just shows the overall thought that has gone into the car!

Edit 30 Mar 05:

Btw, thanks QTT for the video clip links, very neat to see. I had to get a friend to activate them for me to see what was going down. Audi tried to encourage me to put new units in when in fact it was only the nozzles that had gone. Will replace them at some point but not from the dealer. I hate being ripped.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Kelvin, they werent doing anything wrong i just didnt know if they were installed and how to get them going.

but its all good now and yes its not like i will ever need to use them but it still is a pretty funky feature. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I sorta discovered how to operate mine by mistake as well. Great feature to have though given the climate hear, particularly in winter when the headlights can get pretty gummed up with slush and road salt. The washers do a great job of cleaning the headlights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts