Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a lowering kit, either an eibach prodamping
springs and shocks or an H&R coil over kit...

my questions are:

1. What have you used and what are the results
2. How adjustable is the camber and/or did you find a camber kit?
3. do you have any suggestions...

thanks

Tom

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Tom,
I've got the Tein Super Street Coilover kit on my S4. I couldn't be happier with the results. It handles much better and the ride is adjutable to 16 different levels. U have yet to find a camber kit for it, although Matrix makes a nice set of adjustable control arms. They're a bit pricey, but worth the money. Hope this helps a little.

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it helps somewhat .. gonna have to contact them to see if they have anything else....

do you know how adjustable your camber is?

·
Registered
170 Posts
As of right now it's not adjustable. I haven't gotten to the point of needed the adjustable upper arms. I got lucky when I did mine that it's actually riding better. I was having problems before with my camber. And, lowering it actually solved the issue. I'd like to replace it down the road though to get em nice and straight. Also, do a search for audi camber plates, you might find something. I saw one awhile back that has is adjustable on the top of the assembly, in the engine compartment. Not sure if it'll work on your app though. Anyways, the guys at matrix are great, they should be able to help ya find something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great....

I have come across a couple of things for the rear camber, but nothing for the front. Most cars are only adjustable in the front, is that the way your audi is, do you know?

I will continue to search and look for answers, and when I do touch base with Martix I will let you know the results.

Tom

·
Registered
170 Posts
Right now it's dropped about 1 1/2 inches. And, I've actually noticed better wear on my tires since I've done it. It's on Tein SS coilovers, and gets dropped for the shows though. Almost sits on the ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What ever you do, go with a coil-over system. Don't just buy springs your shocks are not set up for them. You need to buy them together as system. Audi was telling me about customers doing springs and having a lot of problems. I just bought a PSS- 9 system for my TT. StaSiS does have pretty trick system The reason I went with the Bilstein you can do both. Height & Damping . ECS has PSS-9 for $1879 for A6 and StaSiS C5 A6/S6/RS6 MotorSport Suspension is $ 3,895.00. PSS-9 are a lot cheaper. What are getting for $2000,00 more????

It was making my head hurt, with all the different kit's out there. It was hard to get a straight answer about coil-over's.

Good Lucky to you, choose wisely Grasshopper.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebu...ory=Performance

http://www.matrixintegrated.cc/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts