Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys someone posted these fogs up a while ago and i'm 99% into buying them!!! does anyone have them or any coments are really appreciated. i drive a 98 audi a4 2.8lquattro,so im goin to have to take out the 2bottom grill pieces in order to install them.thanx -mandoh
Optilux Model 1180 - Clear Fog Lamp Kit

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey Mandoh,

If you are going to the bother to take out the grilles, why not go to a wrecking yard and get a set of stock Audi fogs that include a new grille and lights complete. I would also get the dash switch so you have a really clean install. The stock Audi fog lights do work better than ony other stock fogs I have had on any other car.

The stock lights look real similar to the little round units you mention. Photo of stock fogs on a '99 included.

VB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info,i have searched high and low for a grill and fogs at the nearest yard but no one has them. so i had to end up w/ those fogs on that site i posted. but i love how clean your car looks!!! i'll keep everyone posted when i get them on the car.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i recieved my fogs today and they look really nice. the only issue is me cutting my grill to fit these bad boys!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are there any DIY write ups for installing the fogs. as volcanoblack said, i want a nice clean job done to these!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey, i have a couple of ideas,for what they're worth. The Audi A4 2001 came with factory fog lights,those lower grills with the fog light holes will fit your car. You can go to the dealer to find a late model B5 model a4 {96-01} and roughly measure the diameter of the foglight to compare to your lights. Or you can modify your existing grills with a dremel tool, although, it wont look factory.Check ebay for audi bumper grills that have the hole for the foglight. Also,audiworld has a diy forum to install aftermarket fogs. audiworld.com_tech articles_exterior. Keep me posted, I have a 98 A4 2.8 also. I'm thinking of replacing my front bumper cover with a s4 one that already has the lights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
they look pretty cool/close to stock u should cut your stock ones and find some molding/plastic that would bend aronud the edge of the fog to make it look more stock

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i'm still going to search for the newer model grills, but if not succesful,i think i might just modify it. i took one of the lower grills off and it fits perfectly, so i'm sure it won't be to difficult. the hardest part will be soldering the module!!! or my brother can always make me a mesh grill but, ehh. lol we'll see as i put them on!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the fogg grills for a 2001 a4 with the fog lights. do not know if they will pop in or not? also the oem fog light units and center grill.

put an uberhaus rs4 front end on. have these oem parts layin around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts