Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a foggy right headlight, it tends to only get foggy in heavy rain. Has anybody else had this? I changed my light bulbs about a month ago and i'm positive i put everything back together again.

the fog will go away after a day or so and if i run my headlights - which i tend to do.

However, does anybody know of any tips to prevent this from happening.

I might try putting Vasalene around the rubber of the rear plastic cap that lets u get to the bulbs.

Ideas welcome!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u have a leak somewhere and water got it, the water will always be in there unless u let it out

·
Registered
18 Posts
no no no audi a4`s especially the b6 model is known to fog up it happens to a lot no leak...it is the way it is sometimes you can get replacment if your car is still under warranty

·
Registered
31 Posts
this is not a warranty item for i have had this problem. it does not occur often but it does occur to both lights. I called the dealership and they said that the headlight is an open/ventilated headlight. He said they are supposed to do that and to get rid of the condensation the only thing you can do is run the lights. he said it is quite normal. Let me knwo if anyone has heard anything else on this subject.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Mine condensate up too but as moses0324 says its the design of the headlight venting and they do clear so im not bothered by it ...

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
mine right one does it ... only about 10% from the bottom for about an inch... always done it.. i have had it out and checked it before and all seals are in tack..

Just drive with your Home and it will be soon gone!!

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts