Audi Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a '92 100CS do this, we joked at the time that it had commited suicide by drowning itself. The water came in thru the same place and did exactly the same thing, except it also fried the engine computer as well as the power lock's computer and wiring etc. My insurance company totaled the car as they decided it would never be a reliable car again even if repaired, since there could be corrosion appear later on as a result of the water, very much like a flood damaged car. They did total it as a comprehensive loss, not collision, so we weren't surcharged. As the car was 10 years old with about 90k miles, I never thought to ask Audi for compensation, but I think I would feel otherwise if this happened to our 2004 allroad.................
I'm used to cleaning leaves out of the heater/intake plenum on all my cars over the years, as leaves would get in and block the fresh air intakes, and sometimes get into the fan and make noise, but when I went to do this on the 100CS, I could not find the drain tubes, they were too well hidden.
I don't know what your next move is, but I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to be an owner maintained type thing, so I would argue the point with Audi USA, and if they aren't helpful, consider the services of an attorney. Oh, and this is not limited to just New Englanders, I live in KC. I would suggest that anyone who owns an Audi, the next time you have your car in for service, ask the dealer to check this, as it's very hard to get to and not easily cleaned. If it's their design problem they should have to deal with it. Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.