Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=877][attachmentid=878][attachmentid=879]My friend has a 1997 flooded A8L 4.2L. I detailed it for him about 2 months ago, and after I finished I asked him why there was some much freaking dirt in the car. He told me that it wasn't dirt, it was sand. And that the car had been in a flood. I believe the level of the flooding was up to the wheel wells, and it was fresh water. Anyway, it looks real nice. He has the 17 inch highly polished Audi Wheels in on very nice white. I think its like the Artic White or Pearl White. The interior is Platinum (Gray). Everything in the car works fine except for the sliding moonroof which stopped working for some reason. I asked him if anything else was wrong he told me nothing else went wrong. It runs smoothly, and he bought it for 3 grand and put about 6 grand into it to fixing it. Do you think it was worth it for him? Here are some pics. There not the best, but that's all I have right now. It was too freaking cold and windy that day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
is it quattro
yea casue like 1997 A8 go for like 10000 for an akrite quattro model and like 8000 for a alrite FWD model

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yea it seems like an alrite deal but wut did he spend 6000 on though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well 3Gs for a 97 A8L Quattro with 80,000 miles on it (when he bought it, now it has 100k), is too good to be true. So he put 6 grand into fixing some of the damaged body work and anything else that the flood damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts