Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to find a source for the LED daytime running lights that are fitted to the front of the new S6. I know that the front bumper is a different design on the S6 to the A6 S-Line that I own, but does anyone know if it is possible to retro-fit these LED running lights to the S-Line bumper? I'm sure a bodyshop can do the job, but I was wondering how difficult it would be to do myself.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just seen your post and wondered whether you had had any joy in your question.
I had considered buying some LEDs and fitting them myself.
Amanda

·
Registered
8 Posts
Again a little late, but good for reference:

The S6 C6 LED driving lights does not fit the S-line or the stock front bumper of the A6. The lights are to wide and the bumpers would have to be heavily modified to do so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
s6 LED lights

hi,

i have now the s6 bumper with LED lamps, because my old bumper was normal, not s-line. someone from spain, did mounted the LEDs into a s-line bumper and it looks great.

f

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look fantastic...so it seems it can be done.

All I need now is to find somewhere in the UK that can do it for me....anyone have any suggestions? Audi themselves will not do it at any price, as they say the LEDs are an S6 signature, and they will not replicate this on an non S6 car.

Now that you have these fitted to your car, do you control them through MMI (as on the S6) or are they switched on elsewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm desperate to get these fitted to my car!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Led

hi,

first, tell me what engine you have on your audi. because if you have 2,0, you can not install the LED. then, you can not control the LED from MMI buttons, only the daylights. but you can controll it from foglights button.
here you have a link to audisportiberica where you can find the man that i wrote you about.

Audisport-Iberica (Powered by Invision Power Board)showtopic=97553&st=135

you have two way to install the LED:

1 when you make the connection on the foglights wires

2 when you connect it in S6 style

the LED's you can easy find on e-bay. if you need something else, i'll be happy to help you.

f

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

I have the 3.0 V6 TDI engine - My car is a 2006 S-Line Quattro, so hopefully I'll be OK.

I also have the MMI High with DVD navigation. THere are plenty of settings in the MMI for the car (for example to change the brightness of the interior light pack LEDs and reversing sensor sound etc.) so hopefully I should be able to connect the LEDs to the MMI as in the S6.

Unfortunately, despite looking for ages on ebay in the UK, I can never find the LEDs. If you see any available (even on a different ebay location), please let me know, as long as I can bid from the UK.

Thanks for your help so far!

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Led

of course i have.

1 Audi S6 Stand- und Tagfahrleuchten

2 Audi S6 LED Standleuchte Tagfahrleuchte TFL S8 S4 S3 S bei eBay: Designleuchten Lichter (endet 12.10.07 12:02:26 MESZ)

i think that the best way is to connect the LED's to foglight's wires. way? because you ca manage the light as you want. if you use the original S6 "steuergerat", your lights will work at same as in the original S6 combination. but the most important ( and you must think about it) is that you MUST change your original bumper, with the original S6 bumper, because the LED's can be mounted just in this. of course, will not be 100% like beafore ( aprox 1mm difference in bought sides), but for me was not a tragedy. another thing that you must do, (when you decide to change the bumper), is that you must cut about 5 cm from the front alu trager in bought sides as you see ( http://www.motor-talk.de/bbs/Attachment.action?attachmentId=334564&ajax=true) the blue circle.
anyway, you CAN NOT control the LED from MMI, the only lights that you can control from there, are daylights as you know. in S6, the LED's are connected with the headlights and when that are on , the LED is off. the lights on S6 are different, with the foglights up, in the headlights.

best regards, f

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, your better off buying the LED lamps from dealership they work out cheaper from my research. i need someone to retro fit in s line bumper....let me know please.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They certainly won't fit the S-Line unless you remove the fog lights. If you do that, and cuta away part of the existing grilles (and perhaps part of the bumper too) then they will fit. I'm not going to do that though, as it scares me! I'd rather get a professional to fit them, so I'll keep looking.

The other problem is the electrics - I'm not sure, but I think the supplies connectors will fit them to the front fog light connectors. Not sure if this will light them up dim or bright (the LEDs have 2 settings). Also, will fitting LED's instead of the fog lights cause a bulb error message due to low current drain?

I still really want them (especially as I have just fitted the S6 aluminium mirrors to my Phantom Black A6), but I'm not sure it is an easy job.

That supplier mentioned in the last post is a good price (although you still have to add VAT).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello;

I have a6 4f and would like to fit TFL daytime running lights to my car instead of original foglights , i found a product from ebay germany ; C120 Audi S6 A6 4F TFL Gitter Neu!! Ansehen!! bei eBay.de: Karosserieteile (endet 12.06.08 11:05:49 MESZ)

it is grid grill for s6 , could it be possible to fit to my bumper ? any idea? i will also install TFLs by getting the power from normal foglights wires , could be any problem as error msg etc.?

Please help if anybody know about this .

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
any updates on this as far as products to ease putting the drls into an a6? Where can I find an s6 bumper to buy (how much?)? This would be substantially easier if everything weren't in different languages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought the lights but the shop I took it too said I would be better off just buying an S6 bumper. Any way I can get it into my A6 3.2 bumper before I pull the trigger on another $850 dollars worth of parts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm trying to do the same thing. What did you end up doing in ur project?

Hello;

I have a6 4f and would like to fit TFL daytime running lights to my car instead of original foglights , i found a product from ebay germany ; C120 Audi S6 A6 4F TFL Gitter Neu!! Ansehen!! bei eBay.de: Karosserieteile (endet 12.06.08 11:05:49 MESZ)

it is grid grill for s6 , could it be possible to fit to my bumper ? any idea? i will also install TFLs by getting the power from normal foglights wires , could be any problem as error msg etc.?

Please help if anybody know about this .

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have managed to find a source for the LED daytime running lights that are fitted to the front of the new S6. I know that the front bumper is a different design on the S6 to the A6 S-Line that I own, but does anyone know if it is possible to retro-fit these LED running lights to the S-Line bumper? I'm sure a bodyshop can do the job, but I was wondering how difficult it would be to do myself.
Thanks
Paul
PAH,
I work for Philips Automotive Lighting and we have some new products you might like. LED Daytime Running Lights. These lights use the same LED that are used in the production DRL on Audi, Mercedes and Porsche. Philips manufactures these LED DRL for the OE. Visit Philips DayLight for more info. You can even upload a picture of your vehicle and "try out" a set of the lights to see what they would look like. You can also like us at our Facebook page. Philips Automotive Lighting | Facebook we will be running a contest soon to give away these new lights. Feel free to contact me at 248-303-3285 Mike Woloson [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any progress

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to do the same thing here, any update on this? I have a 2008 A6 S-Line

1 - 20 of 21 Posts