Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, could somebody please help me?

What cd autocahngers are compatible with the concert head unit in my 2000 reg audi a4?

I have a connector in the boot of my car, and i wanted to fit a mp3 autochanger, any ideas?

thanks. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Personally i'd just change the head unit. You can put hundreds of tracks on one cd anyway an you dont have to open the boot to change a cd. Plus you can pick up a brand new branded one for 80 quid from where i work

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you saying, put an mp3 head unit in?

what do you reccomend then?

what about the head unit fascia, do i need a blank?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea id just change the head unit. You will need two small blanking plates and an iso connector lead for the audi. Can prob fit it yourself as long as you can get the standard stereo out. But it'll still work out cheaper than a mp3 disc changer. Depending on how much you wanna spend there a really nice panasonic mp3 for £99 (cq-c3301 is nice) or all singing all dancing ones for around £399. Check out www.motor-world.co.uk (better than halfords) stores all over the country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the make and model of the original 6 disc cd autochanger?

If i could get one 2nd hand, that would be great, I don't really want to change the head unit, but if I have to.....

I have been told that you need an interface for the autochanger in the boot, is this correct, or can i just plug it into the original bus lead? (does this bus lead supply the power to the autochanger?)

·
Registered
470 Posts
No idea who makes the standard disc changer sorry. Not sure about bus leads either, all i do know is there about £40 - £70 depending on the make. If u ask me disc changers are more hassle than there worth

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey man...i have a cd 10 disc cd changer in my trunk. with a remote and mini screen in the front, it works from an FM radio station and real well...good luck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts