Audi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i currently have an Audi A4 2002 SE Multitronic with the climate control. I currently have a concert head unit an i am considering putting in a Symphony 2 system into it. Has anybody done this? what parts do i need to fit it? Thank you. :wacko:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to put a tape player into my car, because i have lots of old songs on tape which i cant get on cd's. also, i dont want to fit an aftermarket system (such as a kenwood) because it wont look very nice in the dash :p . Please can you tell me how to fit the system, or if you know of any websites which tell me how to fit the system. Also i have heard that some of the concert systems have faulty volume buttons, so i thought i mite aswell change it before this problem happens. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done similar by adding a double-din navigation system to my A4 Cab replacing my old single-din concert system.

You'll need to buy a new double-din centre console for your A4 which will cost about £60 from the dealer.

You'll also need to buy a new double-din radio cage for your car which costs about £60 again from the dealer.

Once you have these bits (obviously you need your new Symphony radio too!) you'll need to replace the centre console and radio cage in your car by basically ripping out the old stuff (you may as well flog it on eBay) and putting the new stuff in.

The Symphony should then simply plug straight in to where the concert used to plug in.

The final snag is a fairly major one.... as the climate control has to be moved lower down it will no longer fit as the sides will be too wide! A lot of us fitting navigation systems have simply filed the edges down a little bit to fit -- better to do that than to buy a new climate control head unit at £450 from the dealer!! Apparently you can get new double DIN climate control units off eBay though I've never seen them...

Hope this helps! Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.