Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post, i have been looking at this forum for some time now as a guest, there is load of good info available.
the reason I write to you, my wife’s audit tt (02 plate 180bhp) would not start yesterday evening when she finished work, the RAC brought her and the car home, safely……lol....without any scratches..

What happens is;
When the key is turned to crank the engine over, the engine starts but only for a couple of seconds.

When she arrived home, I had a quick try, while doing the above, I noticed the dashboard lights do-not light up, neither does the car stereo evening lights (stereo still works), and the centre display unit (what shows doors open/oil/petrol etc) does not light up, also does not show any error codes.

All interior & exterior lights work OK. I tried the spare key (remote as well), just in case it was the master key at fault. The car locks/opens with the remote, but I am not too sure about opening with the key in the door, as it seemed temperamental, might have been me (as its been a long time since I have opened a door with a key……lol), but when opening the door with key in, the alarm led on the door still flashed when door opened, with the same condition when cracking engine over. I also tried opening with remote, made sure all doors were open inc. boot, cranked engine over, still same condition.

I went to the local Audi dealer today on route to home, for advice, before I take car in for repair work, as I was passing anyway.

The service manager just seemed interested in getting the car in, and me paying loads of bunts (money) for any work that needed doing, he was very reluctant in giving an idea of the nature of the fault, but here it what he said.

1. Keys could be broke. - £110 pound per key

2. Barrel could broke. - £380 pounds…..

3. Ignition coil. - £55 pounds.

4. Immobiliser. - £no price given………………probably big bucks…..

The service manager has provisionally booked the car in to be looked at for any given date; I need to get the car towed to the garage 12 miles away.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, I understand you are not giving me an engineers report, but, maybe you have seen a similar incident within your forum.

If you are willing to help me I will be delighted. I am keen to get the car sorted, just don’t want my eyes ripping out by the keen service manager.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

Had the car repaired, it was the speed sensor, £67 pound for the part......£238 pounds to to complete, included parts & labour.....

The wife is happy again......

Just thought I would let you know, in case it happened to one of you's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts