Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the lookout to buy my first Audi and i have decide that an A4 B5 is the way to go. I cannot however decide which engine to go with the 1.8T or the 2.6L V6? It will be a daily driver and I willl probably do some modifications on it further down the track. Any opinions or first hand experiences will be appriciated.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
If you are looking to do Mods forget the 2.6 as there are no engine mods for that engine where as the 1.8T has loads and I mean loads plus the 1.8t will be quicker stock anyway.

Just by adding a chip you will see (depending on what engine 1.8T) 190-210bhp which will see off even the 2.8 30v off the lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.8T it is.

Thanks for your input as i have now decided that I am definatly going to buy a 1.8T Quattro. look forward to posting some pics of the one i buy and you can expect me back soon looking for advice on mods!

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Glad I could help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will agree, the 1,8 is a better engine if you do plan on getting mods, a simple chip and bolt on's and you will feel a difference. I just got a giac chip for my car and i am happy but will still do more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts