Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.8T and I chipped it (GIAC chip), and have a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator and forge diverter valve as well as a short ram intake and custome 2.25 inch exhaust with high flow cat and remus muffler. Just wondering if a FMIC would be worth it since I see kits on ebay for like $400? Do I really need it or is it just for bigger turbo upgrades? Also would an underdrive crank pulley and lighter flywheel be worth it? They are quite expensive! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey, running a FMIC is gonna help quite a bit with your intake temps. Which means more power right there. Not sure if it's worth 400 without using the K04 turbos though. As for the underdrive crank pulley and lightened flywheel. You'll notice a lot of difference with the both. But, you'll probably get a little clutch chatter with it. MEaning, you'll just hear it a bit more at idle. Depending on the type of course. The underdrive pulleys are great if you're looking for just that extra power and they usually look awesome. IN my eyes, all are worth it if you're truely building your car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! Really helps! The crank Pulley and flywheel together are about $550 but installation is gonna be rather expensive right? So I wouldn't need to change my clutch? Just the flywheel is enough? Ya I don't have the money for a bigger turbo yet anyways and my car is nearing 100,000 miles so I don't think it'll be worth it at this point. Just wanna try and get the most reliable power out of my K03!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dont think you should get a FMIC for just a k04 casue u will lose pressure

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you're gonna do the flywheel, you might as well upgrade the clutch at the same time. It's always worth at least putting a new clutch set in when you've got it out. You'll thank yourself down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts