Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2001 A4 1.8. The factory warranty is now just over. I would like to purchase an extended warranty.
1) How much does it usually cost?
2) What is the best one?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I paid about $2,100.00 for a 36 month bumper to bumper on my 01 A6 4.2. There was a $600.00 surcharge because it was an Audi. (same for BMW and Merc) They may want more for your turbo. I chose the B to B because I wanted peace of mind concerning all of the electronics involved with this car. Maybe I'm a sucker I dunno. :wacko:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That is about what I was quoted at the dealership. I thought that it was a bit steep. But, I guess that what it is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A lot of eBay dealers use Penn Warranty. They offer month-to-month and fixed term plans up to 3 yrs/45k miles. You have to see if they're licensed in your state first. They're not in MA, as I found out recently.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe I'm not a sucker after all. Just found out today that my CV boots were ripped (not that way when I bought it!) and both front axles were damages at the splines. (This by the way is causing some rather strange behaivor in reverse.) Also found the heater core to be leaking although non of the classic symptoms were present. All in all this would be a nice chunck of change for the repair but with the warranty all I have is $50.00 out of pocket.
At first the warranty provider did not want to pay for the axles, but believe it or not, the salesman i bought the car from actually went to bat for me and got this reversed! The group at Custom Car Center in Decauter IN. are tops in customer service. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a EXt warrenty through Warran Tech. I have 00 S4. When I bought it I paid about 2,400 dollars 6 months ago when I bought the car that had 28,000 miles. Deductable was 200 dollars. It covers for 48 months or 100,000 miles whichever comes first.

My window regulator broke and didnt roll up and normaly you pay parts and labor little more than 800 dollars but I saved 600 dollars because of EXT warranty.

I am not into Super mod S4. I really like the classy original look of S4. So I wanted to get EXT warranty. If my turbo goes wrong all I have to pay is 200 for new turbo. ^^ hope this helps.

And also I just found out that with Ext. Warranty, you dont need to go to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts