Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had the abs / brake light combo warning pop up on the readout....wasnt sure what that meant, till after i drove 250 miles......what does this mean exactly???? i turned the car off, then back on thinking it was just nonsense, since the braking was fine, but then upon arriving home, i consulted the manual and it said i need to take the car to an audi mechanic asap!!!!!
***, it drove perfect on the trip i took, now im a bit weary.....any help here would be greatly appreciated...thanks.... :mellow: :mellow: :(

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
There will be a fault on one of the ABS sensors,

(i know some time it can be dirt that can cause it to fault) (I know a mate of mine with a B5 who just took it to the car wash and blasted the wheels with a power hose and it resolved the issue... thats up to you if you do it..! )

Im lead to believe that when the warning light comes on it disabled the ABS to make sure it does not work incorrectly due to a fault and allows you to brake normal without the ABS.

If you know any garage or habve vag com you will be able to find it out whats up easy enough..

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts