Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , i have no idea where to look or what to get , I want to get an exhaust that will have a nice sound to it cause the stock exhaust is boring. But i can care less about the performance , I really just want an exhaust to mess around with cause I have the 1.8t manual . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since im looking for just sound , do i have to spend 800 for all these audi exhaust systems?!?!?

thanx

·
Registered
170 Posts
No, find a good local shop, and have one made. That's what I had done with mine. Sounds way better. Plus, I'm cutting out the spare tire carrier to put the "Lord of the Rings" in the center of my valence like the guy on here with the A3.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do i tell them? Should i tell them i just want an exhaust that will give me a cool sound? How much did it cost you?

thanx for the help

·
Registered
170 Posts
Didn't cost me anything more than the materials. I'm friends with the guy who owns the shop. But, I'd estimate around 300-400 including labor. Depending on the type of system you want. And, if you're going for sound, you'll just want to pick the right muffler really.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would stick with a commercial exhaust system - all the hangers are in the right places and you are pretty much guaranteed a good fit. Also most are stainless steel.

Borla exhaust may be the loudest and are available at Pure Motorsport for just under $700 - cheapest I have found.

http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1007

There are some video/sound clips out there with this exhaust.

VB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts