Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took the car to a dealer and they check for that check light engine .... the code came out as a pre cat. converter mal funtion , wich mean bad news ,,, have to be change ,,,a lot of money . Anybody has same problem ,,, how to fix it... maybe after merket precat????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with 2001 model, but believe it or not, if you fill up with Shell 91 the problem seems to go away and only occasionally reappears (and no I don’t work for Shell)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by paulo@Sep 26 2005, 08:25 PM
i took the car to a dealer and they check for that check light engine .... the code came out as a pre cat. converter mal funtion , wich mean bad news ,,, have to be change ,,,a lot of money . Anybody has same problem ,,, how to fix it... maybe after merket precat????

Common issue is for a catconverter efficiency below threshhold, some models have a update to the ecu and reflash it to make it less sensitive to monitering the cat and waits till it heats up more and then starts to moniter it for readiness codes. If your car is under 8 years or 80,000 miles, its still under federal emmissions warranty in us models, so that cat will be covered. If its not, then you are going to either have to get it replaced, which i know is expensive, or try that aftermarket cat, but have no idea how long or if they are any good. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts