Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To cut a long story short I managed to put a hole in my oil sump when in the lakes on holiday. Had my uncle replace the sump and carry out a service while at it. He replaced all the filters and cleaned the break pads and greased them up as they were squeeling like hell and obviously the oil. Also put 2 new front tyres (which are the right size) All this was done in the middle of the day and all seemed well. Car was running better than ever. Then I went to pick up my girlfriend late that night and on the way home the ESP light came on and wouldn't turn off. I later found out after taking it round a round about that the traction control wasn't working at all. Now I have no idea how this could have happened. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what might have happened given the situation. A couple of factors that might help into understanding this problem

1. it was raining very heavy in the lakes
2. we were camped on a hill and just before realising I had a leak the car slid down a hill as it was extremely wet, which caused the traction control and abs to kick in when the car wouldn't stop and was totally out of control.

If anyone has any idea how this could have happened could you please help, I've searched on this problem and haven't really come across any solution, I've checked my break lights and its not that.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
have youi managed to sort this?? do your brake lights on the rear work??? dont need new bulbs?? on the A4 if both brake lights are out the traction light comes on..

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts