Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The below lights came on (not because of tracation) the other day and pushed the car into limp mode..

I turned it off for 1 minute and turned it back on... the Revs were high.. ie upto 2000rpm on its own.... (looked like a air meter issue)..

So i turned it off for a minute or so and then turned back on to find that it was find.... 1000 miles later it fine,..

any ideas what went on?? i put it on my VAG-com and its logged some error ... i will update later..

...I will uopload photo later.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will add the codes later on.. i have to re-vag the car as i have lost the screen print with the codes on...

here a pic of the DIS, these are the lights which came on while driving when it dropped into limp mode!!

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
You're right. The Traction Control Light is connected to the MAF, and when a MAF error is detected, the car will go into limp mode. Inspect your MAF, maybe it was just an occasional error, or maybe it's on its way to seizing. Check the MAF terminals and clean them if it's needed. Also, do some vag-com readings while driving, to see what's the reported air flow.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also how would i clearn the MAF?? please can you just expalin in a little more details,.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
MAF stands for Mass Air Flow meter, as you guessed. You can't really clean the MAF itself... what I suggested is cleaning its terminals, so that you are sure you don't have poor connection.

If this doesn't do it, then check the MAF readings and if they are low, replace the MAF.

But since you say it only happened once, and runs fine now, then probably the MAF is fine, and it was only a sudden "gremlin" as they say :p

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers... i have done 1300 miles since then and been ok touch wood!!

thanks for your help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts