Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have been a browser for a while and decieded to post. I am looking to buy a 1.8t engine and ancilleries to swap out my NA 1.8 engine. I aim to get the ECU, Sensors, air box etc etc.

Will i be able to plug the T ecu in and just re route the sensor feeds or will i also need the wiring loom?

If i were to need the loom does anyone know if it plugs into the car thus leaving the car wiring alone, or will it be a custom splice job?

Any input appreciated

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Not sure but if your looking to go big turbo at a later date I would go Standalone and I know just the man that can.

Oh and hi mate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
docurley said:
Not sure but if your looking to go big turbo at a later date I would go Standalone and I know just the man that can.

Oh and hi mate.
Hi Dave, will that be a silly amount of money? Will the DIS etc still work the same.

I am to go BT at some point, need to get the bits ready for the swap first, so thought i had best do my homework

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
The kit as I understand will still allow the display to work but thing like MPG and so will be junk after you go BT because the larger injectors will knock it all out.

The Standalone ECU I'm talking of is called Emerald and it’s a great bit of kit.

£500 for the ECU and I think it’s another £250 ish for a custom rolling road set-up no mater how long it takes.

My mate who owns VW Enterprise fits it to all his custom engine swaps he does for customers which is mainly 1.8T engines in to Mrk I & II’s Golf’s. He runs this set-up on his Mrk I with a TT 225 lump with custom Turbo and Rods and piston is running on run in software will kill a 03 M3 even on top end. I will be getting him to set my car up in the New Year and I will be running Emerald for sure with two stage boost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So silly question time, does this standalone run the spark and injetcion? Cos at that cost its worth it as a conpletely one off custom map can be achieved

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
yes it will control all of the engine managment inregards to the running of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts