Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently bought a 1999 audi a3 1.9 tdi. Now there is a warning light flashing which i believe to be the engine management light.
The car is also juddering when ticking over and occassionally when driving at a steady pace i'l go to put foot on accelerator and theres no throttle response so i have to drop it down a gear to activate it again.
Any ideas to what the problem may be?

Please Help

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Hi bud and welcome. I would reccomend you take the car into either Audi dealer or a local garage that has a Vag fault code reader to identify the fault that should be logged on the cars computer.I would say its probably some kind of sensor malfunctioning.Good luck with the reapair and let us know how you got on.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Sounds like a coil pack has gone down.... the light flashes when theres a more serious issue with the engine, compared to the light just staying on... (when i say serious a coil pack is not a big issues as such)

I had this issue before and had a misfire on cylinder 1... easy fix.. new coil pack resolved it... 5 min job to fit...Coil packs are £25.00GBP in the UK.. so i guess $40 ish... i replaced all 4 when i did mine to save me any hassle in the future and kept the other 3 as spares...

What happens is the coil starts to mis a spark with results in the loss of power and the rough idle... then what will happen is it will only get worse in matter of 100 miles and then go down completly... once the light starts flashing you know you have got to the stage to change it

if you get it on VAG_COM it will tell you in minutes whats going on..

i would recommend not to drive too far as unburnt fuel will be passing through the engine etc...

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts