Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone....I've just changed the Battery on my A4 Avant and am now getting rough idle up and down from 400rpm to 1000rpm and the whole thing cutting out if I brake even normally......any Ideas Im desperate!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
could be a few things... terminals are very sensitive so make sure u got off all the corrosion off them and on the new batter take a metal brush to scratch them up a little bit (the positive and negative)... if that dont work, go for a tune up that should work what yr of car is it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kazyee,
It's a 1997...thing is it start fine runs fine but when you brake it cuts out...v dangerous... Just fitted a new battery,so was wondering if its a ecu problem...needs resetting? Trouble is my Audi dealers a money grabbing place so need a no Audi dealer fix!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
k let me ask a few questions first, was it doing this with the old battery? and why did u replace the battery? also... what kind of battery is on it now?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
If your battery died.... ecu's loose their memory when the battery goes dead.
In the memory are things like idle speed, mixture adaptation, etc.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
try cleaning your throttle body... might work, im not really to sure on how to reset your ecu's someone else might no, but clean your throttle body i bet there is a lot in there.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
cool, let me know how you make out. and make sure u do it CAREFULLY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kayzee,
Didn't need to do the throttle clean...got V.A.G and got it recalibrated...what a rubbish system!

Everytime you have a battery prob or total loss of power you need to reset idle engine management.....next cars gonna be a Subru WRX STi !!

Cheers for your imput mate!!

Si

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
haha same problem in the sti... plus the sti has a common flaw in their awd but good luck with that :bwekk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts