Audi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Audi TT 2.0L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, can anyone send me links to documents discussing specific differences between the CCTA engine block and the CAEB engine block?

I know that CAEB has valvelift, whereas CCTA does not, but from my understanding that does NOT imply any difference in the block itself because that is a change in the head. I have found threads of people stating that engine consumption issues in the CAEB engine were fixed by dealerships by using CCTA pistons. Does anyone know if these claims hold any water?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Audi Audi Audi Porsche porsche porsche ford Chevy Mazda studebaker Toyota
92 Posts
Hey all, can anyone send me links to documents discussing specific differences between the CCTA engine block and the CAEB engine block?

I know that CAEB has valvelift, whereas CCTA does not, but from my understanding that does NOT imply any difference in the block itself because that is a change in the head. I have found threads of people stating that engine consumption issues in the CAEB engine were fixed by dealerships by using CCTA pistons. Does anyone know if these claims hold any water?

Thanks
My 2011 was fixed by Audi under warranty and in looking through the repair/replace sheet just the head was replaced not the pistons. But I’m not sure if this would be the ” norm”

1 - 3 of 3 Posts