Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's

Got up this morning to find that all four windows were half way down.

Any idea's on how to tackle audi with this, as they wouldn't be able to witness the fault occuring at the time

Sean

·
Registered
144 Posts
Before you parked your car, were the windows open? If yes, did you close them from the toggles or from the remote? And after closing them and walking away from the car, did you look back at them?

I am asking because the window protection function might have been activated erroneously by the ECU. This function rolls down the window(s) if an obstacle is encountered between the window and the door frame. It may activate even if there's no obstacle, but the window rolls up slower or gets stuck.

This could be a starting point to look for the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,

I had a long journey that day, (Alton Towers). When I came back it must have been around 21:30, so it was quite cold, so none of the windows were open.

So as usuall, I shut all the doors on the car and locked it with the key fob then hung the keys in the house.

To be honest, I don't remember looking back at the car as I went into the house, however due to the car being so close to the house, I would have thought I'd hear the windows coming down.

The other strange thing is the alarm didn't go off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts