Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1995 90 Quattro and the electric windows have stopped operating. The owners manual does not show a fuse or relay designated for operating same. Can someone tell me where to look...or offer some other idea on my problem? -SG

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sure this is WAY closed by now, but..

It's under the steering wheel. Pop out the round plastic hole covers, then there are two 10mm bolts behind them and two more down below you can see or feel. That thing comes off (Push the Airbag wire out the clip !!!) and comes off. Relays are there in plain sight and listed on the back of the panel.

Yours is a wide one- middle row (there are 3 rows), far right. Black. I forget what the number is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey awinn17

I`m happy you posted this! I have a window fail intermittent.
I suspected a relay...but where? Now I know! :D

I`ll give it a try and get back to you when the atmosphere cools down enough for me to work on it without going up in a blaze of fire. ;)

Philadelphia around 100deg yesterday!

·
Registered
8 Posts
One more thing

No problem, I'm glad to help. I see you posted in 2006 I didn't think it'd be of any help.
Good luck BUT!!!

Don't disconnect the airbag wire or pull the red Airbag relay (confirm that that is the right relay, it's listed on the back of the panel.)

If you do disconnect something wrong and the light comes on and stays on you can get it reset. Dealer wants $95 to do it. I found a guy that does it for $25 in WV but I know because I disconnected both of those and had to get it reset. No airbags until its reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts