Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows have stopped working but as there is no manual for this model I don't know where to start. There appears to be no power going to control buttons in door, though power is going to mirror adjuster system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only have front electric windows, neither working. There is no fuse for the windows in the fuse box under the bonnet. There is a fuse in one relay under the dashboard but that one is ok, changed it just in case. Not sure which relays do what under the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi John,
I was about to post the same query as you. mine is a J reg 80 tdi. front electric windows worked intermittently for about a week and then packed up altogether last week. I am not sure where to start either. Let me know if you find out whats up!
Patrick

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where are the buttons for the windows? Are there two buttons for the passenger window and if so are all the buttons inoperable. One place where I have had problems in the past is the wiring bridging the gap between the body and the door. Another area is the switch contacts themselves.
Can you get to the back of the switches to measure some voltages?

Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Keith
There are two buttons on the driver's side door handle and one on the passenger door handle, so yes there are 2 buttons for the passenger window. All buttons are inoperable. I have checked for some voltage at the switches on the diver's side buttons and very little registers, a fraction of a volt. Though there is full charge going to the mirror adjuster on the same switch console.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts