Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

When I got back from holiday last week the battery in my 1.8T had died completely. I replaced the battery no problem, and eveything was fine except the drivers side electric window.

It still goes up and down, but it no longer does it automatically after flicking the switch quickly, like it used to. Also it's difficult to close it properly because, as soon as the window goes all the way up, it starts to come down again so you have to let go of the switch at just the right moment!

The passenger side window is fine. Anyone know if it might be worth disconnecting the battery again? Or is there a little circuit board under the window switch, which might have died?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i remember having the same problem on my a3, from what i can remember if when the window is up you pull the bottom up and hold it for a few seconds the problem s shoudl be rectified. You basically have a choice to have the auto open/close thing on or off and this is how you activate it (the defualt is off when you disconnect the battery). Let me know if it works.

About the going down on its own part....sorry can't help with that. Mine does tend to do this in the cold though, thinks its got something to do with the runners.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip, I gave this a try but no joy as yet. Did you mean physically hold the window up while trying to move it down with the switch?

·
Registered
42 Posts
no, when the window is up just pull the electriv window switch up for a few seconds and hold it, as though you were trying to wind the window up. make sense?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yep, I figured it out in the end. When the window is right up, you have to let go of the switch for a second, then hold it up again for a few seconds. This was harder than it sounds, because as soon as the window was at the top it would immediately start going down again (apparently this is the anti-pinch mechanism to stop people's fingers/heads getting trapped).

All sorted now, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, as I just assumed something was broken and was gonna pay someone to look at it. Really appreciate it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts