Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I have a seat adjustment switch (the one controlling recline) gone bad on my 1998 Audi A8 Quattro.

The local Audi dealer wants something like $230 for a new one and quite a few bucks to install it (The $230 seems very expensive compared to what I've paid for even my Porsche multi-directional seat adjust).
The dealer won't install a used one I can get from Shokan Audi for $80 with a guarantee even though I told them I wouldn' hold them responsible for it working. Nevertheless, I appreciate Audi Dealer inflexibility on matters like this.

I'd buy a used one myself and install but it truly does look like a huge pain and I don't want to mess with it.

Bottom line: I want to sell this car anyway but would like to fix this item. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion for obtaining a new one any cheaper anywhere?

Thanks in advance-

JS Markowitz
Charleston, SC

·
Registered
256 Posts
First off, welcome! Now; try to find a good indi shop to do this or get an Bentley's manual and give it a go yourself. You just may have some fun fixing it yourself.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem and ordered one from the place listed below. (I pasted their reply to my inquiry about the part availablility) It was pretty simple to replace and now my seat works great. Hope this helps.

Gary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The switch is sold for $65.00 with a 6 month replacement warranty.

Please call 1-800-321-3237 and ask for TIM to place your order or for further assistance.

DADS AUTO DISMANTLING
5920 Outfall Cir
Sacramento, CA 95828
916-388-8350
916-388-8356 Fax

1 - 3 of 3 Posts