Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Audii TT 225 roadster tonight after having the ECU upgraded giving it an extra 40bhp and as you can imagine I had a grin from ear to ear.

The accelaration is great but I've just one thing that Ive noticed and dont know if its quite right, I'll try and explain the best I can. Before the turbo kicks in properly there is a small amount of lag which is not much different from before but when driving in 3rd or 4th gear with low revs and I start to accelerate hard the lag seems to bounce around a bit, it just feels not quite right, it may be me just needing to get use to it. or could I have a problem. The intake tube collapsing under presure was mentioned before the work was done but I was told it is very rare. Does this sound normal and am I being paranoid or does it need to go back. Any comments would be mutch appreciated. Many thanks in advance the Grizzler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An EVOLUTION chip if thats any use to ya. Ive included a link to the site where I got it from and the same lads did the work. There a good bunch of lads (came very highly recommended) and if there is a problem they will sort it for me thats not a problem, Just did not want to hassle them if there's no need to.

http://www.motorsport-developments.co.uk/pages/whoarewe.htm

The Grizzler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll bob it back in the morning there local and if its not right they'll sort it for me, If its just me being paranoid then at least they'll put my mind at rest.

Would still be interested in any comments especially if youve had yours upgraded.

Thanks The Grizzler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one AllWheelGrip.

I've spoke with the lads who did the work and have been out in the car this morning with one of them and came to the conclusion that it was me not being use to the extra boost and the way the car feels. After driving around for half an hour everything seems to be A OK turbo kicking in at the right moment, loads of power etc... All I can put it down to is I must of smoked one toooo many last night :cigareta: I'll be keeping my eye on things anyway over the next few days but honestly do not think there is anything to worry about anymore.

No harm in being a little paranoid :unsure:

The Grizzler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts