Yes, i am another new guy to the forum. I have a good mechanical know how, and can tackle most situations on my own, but i do have a question for anyone who may know the answer.
I have a 1993 Audi S4 Quattro Turbo 5 spd. In the last year or so, its developed an oil drip only when running, but is getting worse. It seems to be coming from a device on the drivers side of the motor which looks to me like a sensor of some sort. It has one white wire with a slide on terminal, and leaks oil when motor runs. Is this a oil pressure sensor, or switch,? It looks pretty simple to access, but im not sure if they are the same orderwise... any thoughts anyone?
I having an issue trying to find projection lights with led that are compatible to my car which have hid. The plugs don't match up. What can I do? Where can I find compatible driver headlights that with work with my cars headlight wiring?
Hi. I'm trying to keep my beloved '01 Audi TT convertible going with its low mileage, great power and style, etc. I'm seeing on this forum that I'm experiencing some typical age-related problems- but I"m not seeing alot or any replies on this forum.
My two current issues:
1. Convertible sensor: When the top is fully closed - the car indicator for it on the dash goes on, limits the windows from rolling all the way up & doesn't think it is until it sits awhile ignition off. Then, when I turn it on again, problem gone- indicator light off, and windows finish rolling up. Hmmm? I heard some sensor needs to be replaced. Is that it? Or is it connection or something else? I ask because it does work again each time after sitting cold -- it's like it resets itself...
2. Biggee: A/C not working after thin black foam (liner?) coming out of vents. Ever heard of this lining problem before & that it could be reventing some flap between heat & cool from moving to enable cooling? $300 to try out this theory. Also read online about a possible Reset procedure for the car's "climate control system." Do we have that and how to do that? Had battery issues lately (resolved now) so....maybe? Another a/c shop at a gas station says I need a new compressor -- that repair starts at $1,000 here. Here is what they agree on & observe:
1. heat, defrost, fans all work fine and normally.
2. Not leaking refrigerant (checked twice) verified with gauges, etc. System flushed, etc. No improvement.
3. No audible clicking sounds or stopping
4. Air May be getting cold just for a second or two when first turn it on - then not (hard to tell since I live in SF where the outside air is almost always cool).
i'm agonizing over this because money is an issue as I am not working. Unfortunately my two elderly parents, one in very poor health, both live in 100+F degree weather 3-4 hours roundtrip. I only want to fix the A/C to visit them but the money and disagreement in the diagnosis are holding me back. I don't want to end up spending $1300+!! Help!!
Carbon Fiber Parts & Accessories for Audi R8 models
Hello everyone glad to be apart of the community my name is Corey I am new to the group and here to help you with all your carbon fiber needs for the 2007-2018 Audi R8 models such as V10 style side blades, GT style wing, rear difuser, front splitter and much more you can visit our store at autobunch.com or call us at 909-580-8821.
Hi, I'm stuck with the Audi a4 b5 5speed manual transmission. The car's speed just dropped while in 5th gear and came to a stand still. It looks like the transmission is somehow stuck in gear because when I push the car with the engine off and the gear shifter in neutral, it remains stuck. All the gears on the shifter goes in smoothly except reverse gear does not go in. I've removed the transmission, opened it and could see that there was thin metal plate with teeth crushed inside and also opened the differential side and the tip of the one drive flange was broken off with its circlip on the magnet. I've cleaned it very good, put the transmission back and still the same problem. Please help me I'm stranded and don't know what to do. I've also noticed that the shift forks on the pinion shaft is not moving when selecting with the selector. Any help is appreciated.
A forum community dedicated to all Audi model owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, maintenance, troubleshooting, modifications, classifieds, and more for your favorite models!