Audi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody must have the answer! I live in N.Ireland and the dreaded E10 has just been rolled out here so I’ve asked the question from my local Audi agent, “can I run my 1997 2.8 Audi Cabriolet on E10 fuel?”.
They weren’t sure and referred me to the government website which does mention a few Audi’s but not mine. I want someone to say that my specific car can run on E10, this is one of the problems of driving a class is car in that new rules and regulations tend to ignore older cars partly in the belief that they’ve all gone to that big garage in the sky by now. I then called Audi UK and had an interesting conversation with an android who eventually suggested I go to Audi.co.uk and have an online chat, I did this but because my Cabriolet is 25 years old it didn’t come up on their pre-scripted computer programme and so the query has now gone to their technical department who apparently wouldn’t answer their phone, I’m now awaiting an email that will hopefully answer the question.
In the mean time is there anyone out there how knows the answer, Can I run my 1997 2.8 V6 Cabriolet on E10 petrol without causing damage to the engine?
Thank you.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Audi UK have come back to me and when you read through the waffle have told me to go back to my local dealer, this of course is the Audi Dealer who referred me to Audi Uk in the first place, it’s probably my fault for expecting better support from Audi, Thanks Audi! 😡

1 - 3 of 3 Posts