Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange problem this one...

My A6 starts fine and runs perfectly for about 20 minutes. Then suddenly, the ABS light and the Oil light come on, the rev counter zeros itself, all the tiptronic indicator lights illuminate and the car has a total lack of power. It is still driveable, but only just!.

If it is left alone for some time (say a couple of hours or so), then when started next time, the same thing happens, i.e., good for 20 minutes or so.

My local Audi garage suggested it might be the sensor/sender unit or the ECU. They changed the engine sensor/sender but it didn't fix it. Iv'e had the ECU checked separately, and I'm told it is fine. HELP.

Someone did suggest it might be an earth grounding issue, but I don't know where to look for those illusive earthing straps. Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You mention "tiptronic" so I guess you have a C5 or C6 car? (this is the C4 forum), what year / model do you have?

Anyhow it could be an earthing issue and it sounds as if your car is going into "limp home mode" with the lack of power.

Also as it happens after 20 mins or so, then if left goes away after a period, but comes back after 20 mins could indicate some component is getting too hot in use after 20 mins, but is ok once it has cooled down..... quite what is another matter entirely

1 - 2 of 2 Posts