Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping i may be able to get some advice, i have an '05 A3 TDI with a DSG box on it.

i want to chip it, but am not sure about how the DSG box will cope, or how good the chips are.

i was looking at a Revo chip. Does anyone have one fitted and if so is it good etc?

thanks all

·
Registered
1 Posts
GIAC chip flashed to my A3 1.8T

Just got GIAC flashed to my 2001 A3 1.8T and extremely happy with it....we did alot of research prior to deciding GIAC...we liked that after flashing GIAC clear the car codes of the number of times the ECU has been flashed and accessed (something dealers CAN see with other chips like APR etc.)...

also since the cruise control stalk is quite delicate (and cost hundreds$$ to replace - we have already replaced ours once) we liked that GIAC's (optional extra) method of changing from Valet, Race etc was via a removable plug in keypad which can also be pin coded so dealers with a keypad still can't access or view whether the cars has a chip.....probably more of a concern for new cars still under warranty, but still a consideration for us.

We located Lucas of Eurospeed in Melb on 0400810113, he is the cheapest and in our opinion the best. The best because he KNOWS first hand (you should see his lightning fast Audi) what mods work and what you'd be wasting your money on and last but definately not least he's a very likeable, honest and hardworking guy. We were really so pleased to meet Lucas and pick his brain about all sorts of questions relating to our Audi....right down to air filter, spare parts and even spark plug recommendations!!!

It's difficult to compare different cars but when we drove the same spec car fitted with APR, but we felt it need to rev abit more to get the power and had less torque than the GIAC.

Also the car fitted with APR didn't run well after switching back after the inital trial of APR's chip. Apparently they didn't save his original program to then flash that back but just flashed back onto his car a generic program...

The guy we spoke with at APR gave us monosyllabic answers to our questions....not a good start when we where getting ready to fork out $1850 for the chip...around $600 more than the GIAC chip.

We feel for value for money and service we made the best choice for our Audi. It's unbelieveable and we love it.

This our first foray into Audi Turbo chipping and it's been enlightening and worthwhile.

Feel free to PM me if you need further info.

Danny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts