Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve got a Audi Q5 on a 2009 plate. Recently the LED DRL in the left hand side stopped working. I contacted my local Audi dealership & was quoted around £174 for the module (if that was what the problem was) or over £700 for a new complete headlight. Also to find out what the problem was, another £120.00 fit the problem to be diagnosed, all in all a LOT of money. Luckily, I had a customer at my work who dabbles in cars as a hoppy & has a diagnostic machine. He connected his machine up & it came up with a error code 02895 which thank god was the LED module, so that was £120.00 saved. I then contacted Audi again & explained that the issue had been diagnosed & gave them the error code & I was then told that they wouldn’t trust my customers diagnosis & they wouldn’t just supply & fit the module. So basically they just want to rip you off. My customer has the the most up to date Snapon diagnostic tool worth over £5k with 2020 software & leads yet Audi won’t trust it (I bet they use the same bit of kit in all there garages!!) Anyone I was assured by customer it’s the LED module & he told me to have a look on line as it’s a simple plug & play module that was required. I found BMW Angel Eyes, Car Headlights Xenon HID Bulbs, Xenon Ballast, & Car LED Light Bulbs who after confirming the error code & asking if it was a 8pin or 11pin (mine was a 11pin) sent the very same module that Audi would use. I ordered on a Friday & paid for next day delivery (Saturday) I was in my hand by 12pm on the Saturday. Including the delivery charge it cost £83.00, fantastic service & saved me a lot of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts