Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I got my new Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 last week, and I adore it.
I have a question though,

I've noticed that the car starts pulling sideways when the street pavement is wavy, or wobbly. The steering wheel becomes harder to control. This is new to me. I asked the person who owned the car, and he said that this is Audi, it tracks the road very precisely.

Can someone explain to me, if this is truly a driving style issue, or I need to check the car at the dealership?

p.s. the car is equipped with sports suspensions, and high performance summer tires. Could that be a reason?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The better grip/traction your car has the more you will notice this effect.

Do you have standard rims and tyres?

Wide rims/tyres (wider than standard) or wrong centerline on aftermarket rims can cause this.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i bet he put new rims and tires on... this happens to me with my rims and new tires... Glade sum1 else has the same problem :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
Galilee: I'm not sure what a standard rim or tire look like, but here is a pic. It looks pretty much like a standard animal.

AllWheelGrip: How can I tell if the sways are upgraded? in fact I don't know what sways are
:puzzled:

I don't have a problem with controlling the steer, in fact I quite like the uncertainty that makes me feel on a race track fighting curbs at 30km/hr :) not even Bowser can do that

What concerns me is that if my wife tries to drive my Audi, I cannot guarantee the safety of street lights.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts