Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have 2000 a4 1.8t and the problem is my driver side window doesn't like to go up. i got that checked from Audi and they said i need to get the seal changed, is there any one else who had this problem and what did you do.

Thansk for your help guys.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Interesting response... usually its the regulator (track and drive assembly) that goes bad.

Is the window just slow going up? Maybe it just needs some lubrication...

·
Registered
18 Posts
i did not have this problem in my audi but i had a wv before audi and there was the same problem ,especially in the rainy days window nearly not closes,i went to the service ,they said we will clean the filters ,they cleaned but it was good for just few weeks and then the same problem ,they said that we should change the window engine (350 euro),but i did not change ,lived with the problem and then sold the car ,i don't know what did the new owner do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the thing is that when it rains it works perfectly up and down, as soon as it is a cold or a dry day it will go down but won't go back up. My friend and I actually took off the door panel and lubed the whole system, well as long as the door was off the window went up and down, as soon as we put teh door back on the window stopped going up. What do you recommend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
well ,then there must be a problem on the teh door , if it works good when the teh door is open ,it must be a easy problem ,a part culd make friction or something like that ,go to a mechanic ,it must be simple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts