Audi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2018 A3 S line about 6 months old. On the first occasion the key would not lock the vehicle using the remote facility on key one. Fortunately spare key worked normally. On the second occasion the steering lock would not release and the information consul frantically went up and down and the radio turned on and off. The car would not start at all. Again the spare key saved the day and operated normally.

Audi service centre tested the keys and car after saying the fault would probably not show up and that it would not be covered by the guarantee . However a problem did show up and they reconfigured the programme. . They then said that Audi had never heard of this type of problem before and they could not assure us that it would not re-occur.

We were advised to take the spare key with us all the time which does not create confidence! Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Service centers, as a rule, are not capable of anything or can not fix anything. This is terribly infuriating. Even if they can fix it, it is not covered by insurance, and you will have to pay good money. And this is even though the car costs you like a new home.
I don't even know what to advise you when even the service center can't solve the problem with the keychain.
I would recommend that you make a duplicate of the spare keys. This is in case you suddenly lose your spare keys. I also recently saw that there is an option to rent a key programmer. Maybe this service will help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts