Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize for fuel-injected gas engines, there's no need for significant warm-up times. However to be on the safe side, I usually let it warm up for a couple minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I know your on about the B5 but on the B6 it says in the handbook that the car will not warm up quickly on Idle. (15 mins Idle time is the same as 6-7 mins driving time,,,, in my opinion as long as you dont high rev it when you start it, give it chance for the oil to run around and set off 5 - 10 seconds later... then take it easy util the engine is upto running temp...

thats my opinion anyway..

Cheers

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i let mine high idle until it goes back to normal then i just drive
its like 30 secs to 1 min about

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah me too. i read somewhere that it is actually not good to let the engine warm up by idling for like 5 mins or so. acids will form on the cilinder walls and could affect the engine oil and other engine parts.

the best thing to do, my opinion is to start it up.. let it idle to normal idle speed (this takes about 5secs), then drive off slowly n not over revving the engine..until of course, when the temperature reaches normal operating range.. then u can wack the bugger and wake up the horses!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts