Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i found a great audi and vw garadge down near me so i called and was asking about upgrades and i mentioned a diverter valve and they said that they were a bad choice b.c you have to keep them oiled or they will seaze up so the just told me they no matter what on a 500 hr s4 or a a4 they leave the stock ones on...opions???

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i never heard of this problems befor with aud/vw, if u increase boost ur gonna have to upgradethe DV becasue it will break

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can get the 710N - Short for "06A 145 710 N", the part number for the OEM bypass/diverter valve from the Audi TT. Highly recommended as an inexpensive fix for replacing worn-out bypass valve(s) on the 1.8T & 2.7T.

No maintenance required on this or any other diverter valve that I am aware of.

Not as good as the Forge or other high performance diverters, but the cheapest upgrade (about $40) of the stock diverter, buy it from many tuners such as:

Audi A4 Stuff-Audi A4 Performance Parts-Turbo System-DV, BPV, 710N,Forge,

VB

·
Registered
8 Posts
lol hahhahha ifyou get a chip you will deffineatly needto upgrade beucase after only having my chip for a week the stock DV is ****ed but im luckey beucase there is a balieys that im putting on tonite :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well let me know how that bailys works out for you i think thats what im ganna get if i get any of them..i need sound..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our piston valves require periodic regreasing, this is what allows them to last, essentially, forever, and allows us to warranty them forever. It is a 5 minute procedure that needs to be done once or twice per year. Here is a link:
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/valve_service(1).pdf

Our diaphragm valves do not need to be serviced, and in the eventuality of a failure, be it the diaphragm or some other component, they too are covered by a lifetime warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts