Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I tried my b5 for the first time on track...Its a 2001 A4 1.8T Tiptronic...

I had a little issue...it was my first time launching an Automatic Transmision car on the 1/4 mile...I putted on some gas...while holding the brake...but my revs didn´t came any higher than 2,500 rpm´s...so it didn´t gave me enough traction to launch it...the worst part is that i lost against a 1,300cc little soapbox...lol

I´ve been reading a lot...and I found that this might be related to the ASR control on my Audi...and I also read that this ASR has something to do with the ABS...

According to the owners manual...my car should have an ASR disconnection button...but it doesn´t...

So...is there a safe way to temp disconnect this sistem without being in danger?

Can I just remove the ABS fuse for a while and then plug it in again without any harm to the car?

Help a noob please!!

;)

P.D. I also searched here for some ASR related threads...but didn´t find anything...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rather than an ASR button do you have an ESP button? If so press this and the ABS / ESP will disable. You can remove the ABS fuse but the ECU may store this as a DTC which may get latched in the memory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Laseron2 said:
Rather than an ASR button do you have an ESP button? If so press this and the ABS / ESP will disable. You can remove the ABS fuse but the ECU may store this as a DTC which may get latched in the memory.
I ain´t got any of those buttons...:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts