Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

Since Sweden now are closing the Analog TV signals i have too find a way too mount a Digital TV box in my car.
Are there anyone out there that have any experience off Digibox in a Aidi S8 -99?

BRGDS

·
Registered
567 Posts
One possiblity, do you have the TV tuner at the moment? if so then Audi have a DVB-T upgrade for analogue tuners, it was designed for the A8 D3 chassis, but there is no reason why it will not integrate with the D1/D2 chassis as long as you have the B tuner with the dual brown and green antenna connectors on the rear.

The DVB module attaches to the aux input of the tuner and is controlled by a remote control on the dash. It is radio control, not IR so it does not need line of sight.

Craig

·
Registered
3 Posts
Digital TV upgrade

I know you answered this post but it was a long time ago. I have a 54 A8 with ****ogue TV. Is there an upgrade that can easily be fitted and where can I get one. Does it need different aerials?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Swap the ****ogue to hybrid TV tuner which is ****ogue/Digital combined.

Tricky to do as you have to remove the whole rear entertainment rack to get to the tuner, but I have done several of them.

I know you answered this post but it was a long time ago. I have a 54 A8 with ****ogue TV. Is there an upgrade that can easily be fitted and where can I get one. Does it need different aerials?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts