Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there ppl!

I'm a new member here and these forums look like the best on the web for Audi's! :)

Anyway, i have decided to purchase a set of angel eyes/halo headlights for my silver '96 A4. I have narrowed my selection to 2 different designs which come in either black or chrome housing (but leaning towards black.. someone convince me?)

I've attached the 2 design images below. The first type i have a seen a few members have it on these forums in both black and chrome. While the second type i have searched the whole net to find a pic of it fitted to an A4 but with no luck! This design though had the halo rings light up blue apparantly, and have a smooth ring look rather than the 1st type having the "dot by dot" halo look.

If you guys were maybe able to attach some pics of your A4 with either of these 2 designs of angel eyes.. that'd be greatly appreciated! :D

cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Both of these headlights will require some modification to your body to fit (and even then it is a "close" fit). Here is a post from a previous thread about lights.

=======
Here's a good place to read about lights.

http://www.lltek.com/light_reserve.htm

The important section for your car is:

The 90% Perfect Alternative

A popular upgrade for the older 1996-1999 A4 was to retrofit a one piece Valeo headlamp, since the headlamp opening was nearly identical pre and post facelift. This retrofit required two adjustments. First the Bosch plug had to be cut off and replaced with a Valeo compatible plug. Second, some minor metal cutting of the inner fender was needed. The fit results are 90% perfect. LLTek has sold, and continues to sell, many headlamps for this type of upgrade and it is a nice upgrade. However, many enthusiasts do not like the idea of cutting their car, tinkering with plugs and less than a perfect fit.

=======
Read on further down the page for their two piece upgrades.

VB

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have to agree with VB on this one. It's gonna take a bit of moddin to fit those lamps. I've got the first style on my S4. I love them. The only problem I've run into is lighting power. Going from HID to a plain H1 kinda sucks. I'm currently trying to talk the guys at LLtek into making a set of Halo HID lights. Wish me luck on that one guys!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice guys! As for the 2 piece angel eyes from FK automotive, they look dam nice.. but i think they'd be pricey yeah?

The ones i listed i can get from eBay for US$100-$120 + shipping..

Anyone have pics of the 2nd type angel eyes on their car?

·
Registered
470 Posts
The 1 piece ones require some modification to non visable body parts. But as you say there cheaper.The fk ones were a bit pricy but worth it. Cost £200 sterling. This is them on my car. Took picture on my phone so sorry about the quality.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
check out my avatar, those r mine, i'll try to get some better pics!!!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts