Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car was stood for a month and the battery died. One of my mates tried to jumpstart it a couple of times, but it did not work.

Now, after putting in a new battery, the following things have gone wrong:

1. Concert stereo system does not work
2. ABS light is on
3. AIRBAG light is on
5. a brake warning light like this (O) with an ! mark in the O keeps flashing
6. As soon turn on the car, there is a siren that goes off thirce

can anyone please advise what should i do b4 i go and pay a fortune to the dealers......

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
:00000732:

WELOCME!!

I have moved your post into the correct forum.. (.A4 - B5)

I would suggust you get a copy of VAG-com and clear the codes to see if the faults re-occur

Cheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
The one thing I can tell you is it is the brake warning light.

Both US and Canada models have a brake warning light for the brake system. The US model says the word BRAKE and the Canada one is a circle with two arcs on the sides and an exclamation mark inside.

This is not a brake pad wear light, or a brake light bulb light (each have a separate light), but either low fluid, or another part of the system. If it was not on before the battery change it probably was caused by the dead battery. Check the fluid, and get the codes cleared and hopefully all the lights will go out.

For the radio to work, you'll need to go to the dealer to get the security code. It costs $$ and there aren't too many ways around that.

VB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have someone with VAGCOM check it for you. It will tell you want the issues are.

At a guess:
- Concert radio: it's probably gone into SAFE mode and is expecting you to add the units PIN. Check your radio manual or the top of the unit if you don't have it.
- Hopefully you haven't fried something in the car (eg. the ECU) when you tried jump starting it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello,
to avoid these troubles and to preserve all the memories of the vehicle:
before disconnecting your battery, connect an ordinary pile of 9 volts (not a refillable accumulator) in the cigar-lighter of the front console.
Change your battery 12 volts.
Remove the pile of 9 volts.
[attachmentid=916]

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts