Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to set this up, i heard its a quick and easy install and i like the way the xenons are on the audi's and think daytime running lights is a good look for my car, plus i get a discount for it.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Get a copy of vag-com and so on.... ( i have not tried this)

DRL's are really easy to set-up on the new A4's. However, to do it you will need a VAG-COM controller....or to find someone with one: http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl

With your car you can choose DRL's with either:
1) fog lights + parking lights OR
2) low beams + parking lights

Which you want is your choice.

What you do, once you find someone with a VAG-COM, is:

1) Go into control module "09" (Electric Control Module)
2) Re-code the module from the current coding (00013) to...
3) Either 00012 (low beams and parking lights) OR 00014 (foglights and parking lights).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for that info Rick. However, I am surprised to see the option of fog lights and parking lights available as DRLs. Surely, in the UK at least, that would be illegal as 55 Watt lights mounted below a certain height may only be used in restricted visibility ?

Cheers, Stewart.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
The info i supplied was from a US forum i was involved in about 4 months ago... I dont know what the US laws are etc etc... however in the UK by law you should only use fog lights if visabilty is below 100 meters..

Chaps from the US..... do you use a low WATT output bulb for the front fogs to use and drving running lights??

to be honest i have my headlights on 24/7 while driving.. -

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everyone in the us is beginning to have drl and u get discounts on your insurance for it around here

·
Registered
180 Posts
Whilst driving last year from Paso Robles CA to Three River CA, I noticed a strange sign which stated that Headlights must be used in daylight for the next 20 odd miles, which was strange as it was a very straight road.
On another point, I have auto headlights on my A4 Cab which is very usefull, but not always. I drove under a bridge which caused the headlights to come on but only for a second or so as it was a short bridge. There was a car waiting to pull out of a junction just after the bridge, he thought I had flashed him so he pulled out. Oh my god !!!!!. Also auto lights can be a bit dumb in bright sunlight as when going into shadow they think its gone dark due to the light differential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts