Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes while driving the light in the top left of my dashboard comes on. It is a yellow cricle with a triangle and an exclamation sign in the middle. Anyone know what it is for?

It go away if I turn the igition off and then on again.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
its the traction control light,... ie.. if one of the wheels brakes free when setting off with power it will flash for a sconds until traction is gained again..

if its saying on it sounds like you have a sensor issue somewhere.

Get it on VAG-COM for the fault code.

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mate

Apologies for sounding stupid. What do you mean by getting it on VAG-COM for the fault code?

I will get the brake sensors checked.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
VAG-COM is the software that Audi use to check your cars computer(ECU) for any stored running faults and various other functions like service reset and other functions etc....

If you got a laptop you can buy a lead to plug into your cars port and you can download a free version of the software Audi use from www.Rosstech.com then you can read the ECU for error fault codes instead of paying Audi dealer £50 - £100 to dothe same ..

Hope that explains it for you :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
i like the sound of that, where do you get the leads from?, and can the link to the software be extended as i have had a look and can;t find it, poss me being sloooow,
cheers
sean

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
you can get the lead from ebay... ODB2 lead.. do a seach..

then download the appliction from Rosstech as shareware.

Rickt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts